Join 13,161 other subscribers.
- Angela Carter
- body Gothic
- Bram Stoker
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Children's literature
- Company of Wolves
- fairy tale
- Fairy tales
- Female Gothic
- Gothic novel
- Horror Film
- Paranormal romance
- popular culture
- YA Fiction
Top Posts & Pages
- Breaking Through to Faery
- What Happens to a Werewolf in the Harvest Moon?
- Werewolves and the Gothic: In Search of the Spectre Wolf (22nd October 2022 - London Month of the Dead)
- Breaking Through to Faerie 2022
- OGOM Company of Wolves- Prof. Garry Marvin completes our programme
- Mina's Paprika Hendl, inspired by Bram Stoker’s Dracula
- Review of Matthew Bourne's 'Sleeping Beauty'
Tag Archives: mythology
Hallowe’en is witching time but OGOM has recently been directing its attentions to witchcraft for a while now, leading up to the next OGOM conference, covering the topic (all very vague at the moment, but watch out for news). The … Continue reading
For those of you who are interested in animal studies, ecocriticism and ecoGothic, there are a couple of conferences that caught my eye recently. The first is ‘Animal Biographies – Recovering Animal Selfhood through Interdisciplinary Narration?’ (9th-11th March 2016, University of … Continue reading
Jamie Spears, who is completing her PhD at the University of Sunderland, has written a fascinating account of the origins of female vampire here.