- Angela Carter
- body Gothic
- Bram Stoker
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Children's literature
- Company of Wolves
- Dr Sam George
- fairy tale
- Fairy tales
- Female Gothic
- Gothic novel
- Horror Film
- Paranormal romance
- popular culture
- YA Fiction
Top Posts & Pages
- What Happens to a Werewolf in the Harvest Moon?
- 2022: The Year of the Vampire
- Contact Us
- Stranger Things: Flower-Headed Monsters
- Nosferatu at 100 (2022)
- Fairy Tale Hybridity: What Kind of Animal is Beast in 'Beauty and the Beast'?
- Dogdyke: The Lincolnshire Werewolf Returns
- In Celebration of the Owl - Gothic Creature of the Week!
- UK Werewolf Hauntings: Are We Living in Gothic Times?
Monthly Archives: December 2018
Merry Christmas everyone from the OGOM Project!!!
Some more CFPs to tempt you: 1. From the brilliant people at Supernatural Cities (who were such good partners at our Urban Weird conference in April this year), the Magical Cities conference, 15 June 2019, University of Portsmouth. Deadline: 31 … Continue reading
I am writing on Hans Andersen in my forthcoming book on shadow play and despite the discourse of suffering and redemption, the stories are full of imagination and sensibility, and are always heart-wrenchingly empathic. Many of the tales have a … Continue reading