- Join 9,624 other subscribers.
- Angela Carter
- body Gothic
- Bram Stoker
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Children's literature
- Company of Wolves
- fairy tale
- Fairy tales
- Female Gothic
- Gothic novel
- Horror Film
- Paranormal romance
- popular culture
- YA Fiction
Top Posts & Pages
- Aiken Drum and the Scottish Brownie
- Mina's Paprika Hendl, inspired by Bram Stoker’s Dracula
- Franklin Gregory, The White Wolf (1941)
- Witches, Gothic Novels, and Cosmic Horror
- Conference Videos
- Grave Desires: Samplers, Sensibility and the Language of Flowers
- How to use this site
- Lady Caroline Lamb (13 November 1785–25 January 1828) – Byronic vampires and romance
- Fairy Tale Hybridity: What Kind of Animal is Beast in 'Beauty and the Beast'?
Tag Archives: Goth subculture
In conjunction with the British Library’s Gothic exhibition, the BBC are showing programmes on all things Gothic: When Gothic Was Born
Chris Riddell, the author of the hilariously witty (and knowingly intertextual) Goth Girl children’s series, talks here about how the life of Ada Lovelace, pioneering computer programmer and daughter of Lord Byron, has influenced his work.
A bit of fun for Halloween!
The famous Whitby Gothic Weekend: ‘The WGW’s official line is to provide musical entertainment with bands and DJs, although the culture of the WGW has far outgrown that simple agenda. Whitby Gothic Weekend, often abbreviated to WGW or simply referred … Continue reading