The Vampire in Literature, Culture, and Film Area is seeking papers for the national joint Popular Culture Association/American Culture Association (PCA/ACA) meeting to be held March 28-31 in Indianapolis, Indiana.
We welcome papers on vampires in literature, culture, and film for presentation at the conference. Topics that are of particular interest include, but are not limited to:
- Vampires and music
- The international vampire
- Twilight and its legacy (2018 marks the 10-year anniversary of the film Twilight and the publication of Breaking Dawn)
- Werewolves and vampires
- The work of Nina Auerbach
- The return of Anne Rice’s vampire Lestat
- Social justice and vampires
- The literary vampire
- The vampire on television (ex: The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, The Strain, The Passage)
- Vampire subculture and lifestyle
Please submit abstracts of 250 words by October 1, 2017 to the PCA/ACA database: https://conference.pcaaca.org/
We welcome the submission of complete panels of 3-4 presenters.
Responses/decisions regarding your proposals will be provided within two weeks of your submission to ensure timely replies.
For further information, please visit: http://pcaaca.org/the-vampire-in-literature-culture-film/ or contact the area co-chairs: Mary Findley (email@example.com) or Lisa Nevarez (firstname.lastname@example.org).